- Club Info
- Spring Soccer
- 2017-2018 Season
- Long Term Player Development
- Health & Safety
Where: Merle Logan Turf, Nanaimo
When: Monday September 18th 2017 - November 13th 2017
Times: U7-U9 @ 5:00-6:00pm
U10-U12 @ 6:00-7:15pm
U13 - U18 @ 7:15 - 8:30pm
Register Now by visiting your Member Zone @ www.harbourcityfc.com
The HCFC Academy is a professionally designed youth soccer program for committed players who are looking to improve their game and be challenged in their soccer development. Based around the 4 Corner Model these weekly sessions will challenge players decision making, technical ability & tactical understanding.
Our U7-U9 and U10-U12 Academies are designed to support players who are still in their "Fundamental" & "Learning To Train" development stage. Players are grouped according to their current development with the ability to move from week to week. The main focus at this stage is building a high level of technique. In the older age groups we will also touch on some tactical elements such as awareness of space and movement.
Our U13-U18 Academy program will focus more on developing the team mentality. Game and Tactical Understanding are important elements at this stage while also being able to produce technique on demand. Players are also grouped according to their current development with the ability to move from week to week.
The HCFC Academy looks to support players in all stages of their development. Whether they are involved in high performance or just learning the game we will ensure that all players work with the groups and coaches that are right for them. We hope that through this all of our players will strenghthen their commitment and passion for the BEAUTIFUL GAME.
The Academy program is led by HCFC’s Technical Lead Daragh Fitzgerald along with other members of HCFC's Provincially and Nationally certified coaching team and runs Monday nights at Merle Logan Turf Field, Nanaimo.
Within the program we look to maintain a 10:1 player to coach ratio for optimal engagement and player support.
- ABCs: Agility, Balance, Co-ordination, and Speed
- Ball Mastery
- 1v1 Attacking & Defending
- Dribbling Technique
- Passing & Receiving Technique
- Defending & Attacking Principles
- Possession Games based on Decision Making
- Small-Sided-Games: 2v2 - 6v6
- Q & A: Coaches lead player with questions that inspire curiosity and problem solving
- 1-1: Player-coach dialogue; player is given a challenge to address while session is ongoing
- Trial & Error: Player is given a challenge and encouraged to solve it with minimal coach intervention
- Command: Coach presents lesson or challenge and provides desired outcome
- Guided Discovery: Coach issues a challenge and provides demonstration of one possible solution
“HCFC’s aim is to inspire, challenge, and provide a safe learning environment for the players to fulfill their potential.”
“Soccer for Life”
Harbour City FC
2300 Bowen Road
Friday: Closed (VIEX)
Referee Course Entry Level
August 25, 2017
U11-U18 Coach Orientation
August 29, 2017
U9-U10 Coach Orientation
August 30, 2017
Referee Course Small Sided
August 31, 2017
August 31, 2017
U6-U8 Coach Orientation
August 31, 2017
Games Kick Off!
September 09, 2017